Home Unreal Engine

Texture displaying incorrectly on model.

polycounter lvl 9
Offline / Send Message
- Livewire - polycounter lvl 9
UE3 - I've ran into a problem with my textures and I'm not sure how to solve it, I'm getting this really strange shine on everything in my level, I have no shaders on it.

8oy0C

I reimported the textures both with and without compression and it doesn't change anything, as far as I know my maps are fine, here's the spec and norms.

8qVCY.jpg

Any help would be greatly appreciated. :)

Replies

• Slavq
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Slavq polycounter lvl 7
    Hm, try to save these textures in another format / maybe change color depth (8bit/16bit) In UE4 i've had a problem with specular maps which were in Greyscale image mode, i've changed it to 8bit and it helped. Also see if these textures are appearing correctly in another engine (Unity/Marmoset/whatever), just to see if they're causing the problem or it's UE3's fault.
  • - Livewire -
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    - Livewire - polycounter lvl 9
    Thank you for the ideas Slavq, the textures display fine in Marmoset and they're currently 8bit, changing to 16bit then doesn't allow me to save the texture as a .tga

I also opened a blank level to test a single piece to see if the problem lied within my build, but even on a blank map the results are still the same.
  • Shift`
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    It looks like artifacts on your normal map, I can't really tell from the image you uploaded but make sure there aren't any defects on there.
  • Jacky
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jacky polycounter lvl 11
    Is the normal map's compression set to Normal Map in it's properties?
  • Shadownami92
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Shadownami92 polycounter lvl 7
    To me it looks like the normal map is tiling over and over again. The artifacts kind of look like the details on your normal map flats.