Home Artists Looking For Work

[PAID] 3D Environment Artist for 3 Tileable Level Sets

bunthius
polycounter lvl 8
Offline / Send Message
bunthius polycounter lvl 8
Hello,

I am an indie developer making a game/app for iPhone 5+. The medium is 3D. I need you to create medium resolution environment assets matching a certain style as seen in the linked video below. The 3 levels are:

- Urban
- Rural
- Suburban

All levels need to be infinitely tileable. The basic of the game regarding these levels is an endless runner mechanic. The set pieces need to tile linearly. My suggestion is to have swappable detailed set pieces. For example:
Rural Level--
-5 low detail setpieces = rocks, trees, logs, pond, etc.
-5 med detail setpieces = bushes, old wooden fence, stump, reeds, etc.
-5 high detail setpieces = flowers, grass planes, stones, mushrooms, etc.
-5 terrain planes = varying heights/mounds/texturing

Each individual setpiece can be paired with any other individual set piece from each category(low,med,high,terrain) and there would be no clipping. Then the engine can randomize to create landscape that tiles fine but feels diverse and non-repetitive. The values can adjust based on what is necessary/practical. Also, consider using sprite fx to break up the linearity, i.e., bugs, leaves, butterflies, birds.

I am open to suggestions about how this problem can be tackled from a technical standpoint and this is my primarily art solution to keep layout from feeling too procedural by making randomizations purely in code. I would like an artistic touch as much as possible but do not want to layout massive linear pathways.

Please let me know your rate for doing 3 sets for this game.

Here is a link to a video of what I envision the final in game-quality to be as well as the style of art which is bordering on photoreal with an eye for color and composition. The environments need to look friendly that excite the user to want to explore these areas.

Also regarding this video, I own these assets as well as assets for urban and suburban landscapes. You may suggest a more competitive rate with less original modeling by using these assets.

http://youtu.be/SksljyTz8LM [note the rural scene at 0:30 in particular]

Thank you very much! Please contact me at df6@me.com with your portfolio and rate.

Replies