Home Technical Talk

Zbrush make something planar on floor

Hello somebody, it will be great help if you can help me out.... ;-)

Lately I practicing Zbrush rather than 3dsMax, I saw many great game
model (organic one) with high detail that created on Zbrush,

I created monster foot, and realized that the mesh
(or object ? what is called ?) is not planar on floor.

Is there any way to make 'it' planar in Zbrush,,
without export it and do the work on Max ?

Thanks, I really appreciated your solution.

Replies

• SuperFranky
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SuperFranky polycounter lvl 10
    You can slice it with a clip curve if you use dynamesh. Other than that I dunno.
  • kurt_hectic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kurt_hectic polycounter lvl 10
    use Ctr, mask some part, invert mask and just move it.

Here you have a lot of free tutorials, check it :

http://pixologic.com/zclassroom/homeroom/
  • cryrid
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cryrid interpolator
    Transpose would be a good one for this. You can pull the tips down some, while also scaling them together in order to average/flatten them out.
    transpose_planar.gif
  • Zzam_W
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cryrid wrote: »
    Transpose would be a good one for this. You can pull the tips down some, while also scaling them together in order to average/flatten them out.
    transpose_planar.gif

Wow thanks for your reply, I still cannot figure out how to transpose like that ?
    I tried transpose move and scale, but the result is different.

I will try again, thank you for your solution....
  • Stirls
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Stirls polycounter lvl 8
    Have you turned on any symmetry? Are you trying to hold down shift while dragging the outermost circle?
  • cryrid
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cryrid interpolator
    Zzam_W wrote: »
    Wow thanks for your reply, I still cannot figure out how to transpose like that ?
    I tried transpose move and scale, but the result is different.
    Just some notes:
    • This is using transpose's move mode.
    • Make sure everything is masked except for the tips.
    • When you draw your transpose line out, the starting point/circle will indicate where the verts will converge. This can be adjusted afterwards if needed.
    • The transpose line itself will determine the direction they move. When drawing it I make sure that it winds up ending on the empty document space so that it lines up with my current view. Otherwise it will snap itself to the model.
    • You'll just want to move the end circle (red) towards the starting point. Holding shift will help lock it towards that direction to prevent an unsteady mouse movement affecting it.
  • Zzam_W
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cryrid wrote: »
    Just some notes:
    • This is using transpose's move mode.
    • Make sure everything is masked except for the tips.
    • When you draw your transpose line out, the starting point/circle will indicate where the verts will converge. This can be adjusted afterwards if needed.
    • The transpose line itself will determine the direction they move. When drawing it I make sure that it winds up ending on the empty document space so that it lines up with my current view. Otherwise it will snap itself to the model.
    • You'll just want to move the end circle (red) towards the starting point. Holding shift will help lock it towards that direction to prevent an unsteady mouse movement affecting it.

Hello Cyrid, thank you for your notes !
    It worked !

What I did before was place the starting point too far from empty document space !

You really helped me well :-)