Home Unreal Engine

Kismet capabilities

grand marshal polycounter
Offline / Send Message
Obscura grand marshal polycounter
Is it even possible to make a "basic" game with using just kismet? Lets say I would like to make a "basic" single player tower defense game.Creeps could spawn, go on path (I successfully made this), stop when reaching tower, shooting, continue going if the turret has been destroyed, continue going if the other turret has been destroyed, etc. I got some problems with interp actors intersecting the path for example. I had a door that intersected the path. I doesn't matter how i placed the path actors, when the bot (creep) reached the door, it stopped moving, and it stood at the arriving point. I tried checking off some collision properties but this didn't work. Also, I made a turret. I wanted to do comparison between the player and the bot's distance, and do attacking based on this for the turret, but it was firing to regardless of the distance comparison.The another problem that I met with is that I cant show different floats (for example) on the screen, like the turret's health. I'm sure a few of this problem is coming from there that I'm new to this kismet thing, but after playing with it a few days, I started seeing that what it can do and what not. So shortly is it possible to make simple game with kismet? If yes, could someone link me good sources? Also, I found that on the internet that I can give "expansions" into it with downloading custom kismet things that developers made. Anyone know a good site for finding things for like the draw out "remained damage threshould" thing?

Replies

• Shift`
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sure it's completely possible to build a game out of just Kismet, there is actually an example iOS game that is built that way with UDK.

But honestly I would recommend moving to UE4, it's blueprint systems are much more diverse and will make this process a lot easier.

As for the website, I don't really know of one, because most of those are going to be custom code for kismet, you can check the UDK forums?