Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Thane Krios

polycounter lvl 7
Offline / Send Message
Rodan4 polycounter lvl 7
Hello all,

I have been working on this bust of Thane Krios, my favorite character from Mass Effect, for the least couple of weeks.

I am posting this up looking for some last critique before calling it done and moving on to my next project.

301kgie.jpg
2d6qwjl.jpg
291pamd.jpg
96fcw4.jpg

Please feel free to give me any feedback, both good and bad.

Thanks for looking

Dan
www.danhitchen3d.co.uk

Replies

• Ahoburg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thane_Krios_02_by_johntesh.jpg
    Looks nice, but if you want to make it more like in a game, you should try to add more pronounced bumps to his skin. And i think the area around the eyes should be black or very dark green. Also, notice how the nostrils are kinda divided with the small line on the original character. Yours also lack some small lines on the upper lip beneath the nose. The nose itself, i think, should be a tad wider. Your lips are too human, notice how original lips don't have that exact human look to them, the structure is a bit different. The chin of your model is too long and also have a tad different structure. Same with eyes, yours look a bit too wide in my opinion. I'm sure there's some more subtle differences.

Overall, your bust isn't bad and pretty close to the original, but details are important. Looks sleek so far, but can look great if you want to make it as close to the original as possible.
  • Kimon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kimon polycounter lvl 6
    I think it looks really cool, but these two shells seems to be pretty much identical:

cF3gBai.jpg

Any specific reason you decided not to mirror them?
  • slosh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    slosh hero character
    Yea, I would go a lot more in detail on everything. Subtle details make a big difference. This definitely looks good though...just needs another pass and prob will look great.
  • Rodan4
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rodan4 polycounter lvl 7
    Thanks for the comments. It seems that there are a few small things that need addressing which I will do to improve the model.

The part I usually have difficulty with are that last 5 or 10% that makes a good model into a great model and would really like to improve on this.

Slosh: When you say it just needs another pass, do you mean a texture pass or another pass in ZBrush? Also are there any specifics you could give me for this.

Thanks