Home Royalties or Post-Launch Compensation Work

Seeking 2d Artist(s) for Puzzle RPG

(battle screen mock-up; does not represent final art quality)

PuzzleGameDesign9thDraft.jpg
Thunderpunch Studios is currently working on a puzzle RPG (think Puzzle Quest meets Avengers Alliance) and we're looking for motivated artists who would like to join our team. We're currently in need of character artists, environmental artists, and UI artists, and the more of those position you can fill, the better.

Thunderpunch Studios is an indie developer run by me, Brian Woody, and based out of Iowa City. You can view our dev blog at www.thunderpunchstudios.com. In addition to being a hobbyist game developer, I run a successful entertainment company here in Iowa. I'm 30 years old and have been an avid gamer for over 23 years.

Here is a dropbox link to an early draft of our design doc, which should give you all the information you need about the project. In short, though, the game is based around 3v3 battles where each team tries to match 3 or more tiles in order to attack their enemies or use special abilities. The setting pulls a lot of inspiration from old Saturday morning cartoon series such as He-Man, Thundercats, and Voltron.

As an artist on our team, you'll be entitled to an even split of any profits generated by the project. While we're fully aware how difficult it is to turn a profit as an indie developer, we feel strongly that our project has great commercial potential.

Our goal is to build a working demo of the battle system. This means, as far as art assets, we'll need at least 6 characters and various UI elements. We've just begun programming the game, so you would have at least 3 or 4 months to complete this task. Most of the UI is already completed using filler artwork, meaning our UI artist doesn't actually require any skill in developing a workable UI; we just need someone who can make the pieces look good.

Once we have a working demo, we'll be using this as the basis for a kickstarter campaign to raise money to develop the single-player campaign and possibly multiplayer. Once funded, team members will be able to choose whether to be paid directly from those funds to continue work on the project or to continue working as per our profit sharing agreement. Team members may also bow out at this point, meaning they will be paid for any work contrinbuted to the development of the demo and forego a share of any profits generated.

This is an online collaboration, so you're able to work from home on your own schedule.

I believe that just about covers it. If you're interested or would like any additional information, please don't hesitate to contact me. Thanks for reading, and I look forward to hearing from you!

Brian Woody, Thunderpunch Studios

email: woody@thunderpunchstudios.com