Home General Discussion

Modo 801

Replies

• Zack Maxwell
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Zack Maxwell interpolator
    Looking into it, I don't think Trackball is the source of my problem; that's just for the camera. My problem is mostly with manipulating objects.
    Say I try to drag it to the side. Instead of the conventional dragging movement, it'll just slide endlessly in the general direction from the starting point where I had moved the mouse. It's not as simple as that either, because it's not consistent in that regard.
  • Dataday
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Dataday polycounter lvl 8
    Grimwolf wrote: »
    Looking into it, I don't think Trackball is the source of my problem; that's just for the camera. My problem is mostly with manipulating objects.
    Say I try to drag it to the side. Instead of the conventional dragging movement, it'll just slide endlessly in the general direction from the starting point where I had moved the mouse. It's not as simple as that either, because it's not consistent in that regard.

Hmm I initially had an issue with something similar back when I first started using modo, if I remember correctly I think I hit a hotkey and turned on something. Could be tied to the action center, make sure nothing is checked inside it. If it is click it again to disable it. And if that doesnt make it behave normally, deleting the user profile (kind of like maya prefs folder) should reset it.
  • Bek
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Bek interpolator
    PolyHertz wrote: »
    For the navigation issues, maybe trackball rotation is part of what's throwing you off? It can be turned off in the options menu ("O" hotkey), and you should turn on orbit selection right under it as well.

Trackball rotation takes some getting used to, but is pretty damn sweet. I've never tried orbit selection though; I'll see what I think of that.
  • PollySong
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PollySong polycounter lvl 14
    Grimwolf wrote: »

There's a setting in the prefs for choosing tablet or mouse control, that could be it. Switch to whatever you're using. Could also be that you've set either local or world transforms. Change to local if it's on world.
  • Zack Maxwell
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Zack Maxwell interpolator
    I found the problem. I'm using a Surface Pro, which doesn't play completely well with Modo. I had to set the input to Tablet instead of Mouse, even though I'm using a mouse.
    Setting it to Tablet fixed the issue.
    I'm just very glad to know that isn't the normal way it's supposed to function. Had me terrified XD