Home Dota 2

Looking for feedback

Hey, I've made a sword for doom and I'm looking for feedback.
I can't really put my finger on what's wrong. Looking for constructive criticism, like "the textures suck because ...."
Also, tell me what you think of the overall idea of the sword

Qu43vsq.jpg

Replies

• squidsticks
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I think my main comment would be that it looks really similar to Doom's default weapon, maybe work on making the blade's design a little more unique?
  • Automedic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I think my main comment would be that it looks really similar to Doom's default weapon, maybe work on making the blade's design a little more unique?

Pretty much this, it doesn't really look exciting. Plus I think the handle could use some work:

a) the runes(?)/dots on the handle look a bit random and flat, like you just used paint to draw spheres on the textures.
    b) I think the transition between the blade and handle isn't really good atm. The blade steel glows from heat but the handle doesn't seem to be affected by the searing steel at all. Maybe make a smoother transition between the cooled handle and the glowing blade.
  • mcfluff
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Automedic wrote: »
    Pretty much this, it doesn't really look exciting. Plus I think the handle could use some work:

a) the runes(?)/dots on the handle look a bit random and flat, like you just used paint to draw spheres on the textures.
    b) I think the transition between the blade and handle isn't really good atm. The blade steel glows from heat but the handle doesn't seem to be affected by the searing steel at all. Maybe make a smoother transition between the cooled handle and the glowing blade.

Thanks! Got a real boost from this, I have a few ideas how I could improve it.
    The runes are actually runes, but since the textures are scaled down in game they don't show as good. Think I can change it by making them 'thinner' or flat out scale down the textures before importing