Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

M.E.R.C.S [in progress]

Hey dudes! First of all, im amazed by every time i get back to polycount. There is always amazing work around! :D

I'm doing a set of mercenary characters (these are the fisrt two), and further i'm planning to make a scene for them!

Please check it out! I need every critic you may have!

Thanks for your time!

M.E.R.C. 01

1c0887322679fa8f823306d65c9158b4.jpg

871058e2f63a38a6914c9b70c9e47c39.jpg

ebbc16cd02c6a8eac36a7ac209559f4d.jpg

M.E.R.C. 02

6a9c013249ed8d03478ec11d0ebf89cb.jpg

0f25a2afccc4239ee62adf7cd46dc265.jpg

2aa7e258dd4146ffc14ad8db7ce0479c.jpg

fc947d27b89153b175a89974702f67b7.jpg

Replies

• Kwauhn
    Offline / Send Message
    Kwauhn polycounter lvl 9
    I love the style used, I can't wait to see the rest! The only crit I can make is to wrap those camo textures up, the discontinuity is a little distracting to me. Awesome work!
  • jamaica1000grau
    @Kwauhn thanks for the crit man! the thing is i use sketchup for modeling and it dont have an easy way to wrap textures! but i'll do it by hand! thanks again
  • atomander
    Offline / Send Message
    atomander polycounter lvl 7
    I really love these, they remind me a lot of Brendon Chung's style from games like "30 Flights of Loving." Post more!
  • Kwauhn
    Offline / Send Message
    Kwauhn polycounter lvl 9
    Kwauhn wrote: »
    I love the style used, I can't wait to see the rest! The only crit I can make is to wrap those camo textures up, the discontinuity is a little distracting to me. Awesome work!

You did all that in Google Sketchup!?!? It's a powerful architecture design tool, but using it to model anything other than buildings was always a pain for me. That's why I learned to use blender. Anyway, I commend you for your sketchup skill.
  • jamaica1000grau
    Kwauhn wrote: »
    You did all that in Google Sketchup!?!? It's a powerful architecture design tool, but using it to model anything other than buildings was always a pain for me. That's why I learned to use blender. Anyway, I commend you for your sketchup skill.

hahahah yes i did! most people have this reaction, but sketchup is so powerfull when you can understand and think with it. For me was natural because it was the first modeling tool i started to learn. At some point i tried to learn every tool around, but what i liked the most was sketchup and i sticked and developed my skills! im so glad you like it :D ill be posting more work as i get them done!
  • D4V1DC
    Offline / Send Message
    D4V1DC polycounter lvl 18
    So cool and different i love these, hope to see more, nothing really to be said just want to see more. :)
  • eyasuu
    Offline / Send Message
    eyasuu polycounter lvl 11
    Totally digging the style and everything about this. Super excited to see more! I guess the only thing I have to say (which I have no idea how to actually resolve without creating to much of a visual distraction from your shape language) is I didn't realize the cigar guy was shirtless until further inspection. I guess some sort of visual distinction? maybe playing with the tone of the tat? One way or another loving this. Thanks for the inspiration!