Home Royalties or Post-Launch Compensation Work

Art Generalist for Mobile Game

Required Skills
- Technical 3D skills: you will help develop and then follow specific art guidelines.
- Modelling skills: you will build all the models in the game.
- 2D skills: concept sketching and production art.

Beneficial but not required
- Previous experience with art direction and scene composition
- Working knowledge of Unity3D
- Rigging and animation experience

Hey! My name is Martin Annander. After almost eight years as a professional game developer, I've realised that I want to try my hand at building something on my own.

After trying for some time to build art on my own, I've had to realise that it's just not what I'm good at. So I'm putting this here in the hope that someone finds it interesting.

I'm working on a game for an iOS release some time this year. The game can most easily be described as a mobile mash-up of Geometry Wars and Moonstone. You play a knight fighting waves of enemies. If you die, it's game over and you get a highscore. It's fairly straightforward and it's playable in rough form already.

I'm looking for an art generalist who can work out an art style and produce the required content based on technical ramifications that I provide. This includes both 3D and 2D work - pretty much all the art needed to produce the game.

I can't pay a salary, but I will offer a revenue share agreement to the right candidate. But as you know, even if the revshare would be 40%, 40% of zero is still zero. So this is tied closely to the success of the product.

So, if you want to try your hands at art direction and production in a small project, drop me a line and I can explain the project more closely.

I'm not in a hurry at the moment. The goal is to find the right person rather than to find someone quickly!

Get in touch if this sounds even a little interesting, and I can provide more details.

E-mail: annander |at| gmail |dot| com

Replies