Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Psybernaut's Art Repository

polycounter lvl 8
Offline / Send Message
Psyber polycounter lvl 8
About time I started one of these threads. Gonna start with my most recent stuff and work my way backward for a bit, then we'll start going forward with the latest additions.

ArenaNet Character Art Test 2014

Wish I had done so many things differently looking back, but none the less I think she turned out pretty good. First time really doing mirrored UVs for almost the whole model. There were definitely some parts that I would change, but you live and learn.

Critiques and Comments are welcome and requested since I really didn't get any feedback from ArenaNet.

Norn_BeautyShot01?format=original

Norn_Wireframes.jpg?format=original

NornNormalsTurnaround.jpg?format=original

Max Wireframes since Marmoset likes to triangulate everything.
NornMaxWires.JPG?_subject_uid=65215998&w=AAA5kK0pyfxSUjFs3my4HfRIqTKMlmYytx918pUjt6IiPA

Diffuse Map
GMaung_ArenaNetInternship2014-Norn_diff.jpg?format=original
Specular Map
GMaung_ArenaNetInternship2014-Norn_specular.jpg?format=original
Normal Map
GMaung_ArenaNetInternship2014-Norn_normal.jpg?format=original
Gloss Map
GMaung_ArenaNetInternship2014-Norn_gloss.jpg?format=original

Also, made this little guy in Illustrator to go one her skirt. In hindsight, I think I would have been better off making the skirt a perfect rectangle and manipulating the verts after the fact. Instead I warped the heck out of this thing and it probably cost me.
NornSkirtDesign?format=original

And finally, I made some of my fur in Max using a simple cylinder which I then scattered on the surface of a plane. Well, not that simple, I added a taper modifier to the cylinder first. Then created a compound object scatter. Randomized some of the lengths and rotations. Collapsed it down and then used a couple of FFD boxes to move stuff around on a global level. Deleted some extraneous fibers and then rendered out an AO and alpha map from an orthographic view.

FurRenderB_mentalray.png?_subject_uid=65215998&w=AACsegDIbMWCJzOBgvvraIoSqty952Z8ToMGpnMvr0QxJQ
MaxFurWireframes.JPG?_subject_uid=65215998&w=AAAx3QKPHtRlrb0quemaxuFmWd_t1L8Ph0ILAxZ_TJEqsw

Replies

• Psyber
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Psyber polycounter lvl 8
    Did some fan art so to speak. Working on an Amy Pond sculpt which I'll post later, but I wanted to have a prop to go with her so I made this. The doors don't open, but they could with just a little bit of tweaking.

TARDIS_BeautyRenderCU.jpg?format=original

TARDIS_Beauty01.jpg?format=original

TARDIS_WireAndNormals.jpg?format=original

I started out with a clean texture with no dirt or scratches then went at it with quixel's dDo. Some parts I like some I don't, e.g. the lamp is way too hi poly, and the windows are meh. Textures are 2k by the way.

TARDIS_Comparison01.jpg?format=original

Dirty Diffuse Texture
    web_TARDIS_DIFF.jpg?format=original
    Normals Map
    web_TARDIS_NORM.jpg?format=original
    Specular Map
    web_TARDIS_SPEC.jpg?format=original
    Gloss Map
    web_TARDIS_GLOSS.jpg?format=original

As usual, critiques and comments appreciated.