Home Dota 2

Alismuffin's Thorkshop Wread

polycounter lvl 7
Offline / Send Message
Alismuffin polycounter lvl 7
Hey guys!

I've been meaning to make a Dota 2 set for a while now and FINALLY got around to actually doing it! :)

I have made a concept for a Bloodseeker set:

yCdO97l.png

I started blocking in the sculpt also:

f6WxI9s.png

lIxPcg5.png

Having a little trouble with the head though >.<!

aeCc5KS.png

I tried a dreadlock approach:
umkbKIh.png

But I kinda feel like the original models feathers work better?
NvYc9Pl.png

Also trying bones instead of feathers from his bracers:
DaO7O8l.png

Feedback and opinions would be awesome :D

It's my first piece so I have no idea what I'm doing xD!!

Thanks!

Replies

• belkun
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    belkun polycounter lvl 7
    Be very VERY careful with those chains! Not only they may be a problem to fit into the budget, but from what I know, I don't think you're able to add extra bones to the character (well, you can, but it's a LOT of work to you and to Valve), meaning you would need to either keep them "hard", or try to add some influence from other bones to fake its movement.
  • Alismuffin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Alismuffin polycounter lvl 7
    belkun wrote: »
    Be very VERY careful with those chains! Not only they may be a problem to fit into the budget, but from what I know, I don't think you're able to add extra bones to the character (well, you can, but it's a LOT of work to you and to Valve), meaning you would need to either keep them "hard", or try to add some influence from other bones to fake its movement.

Thanks for the heads up!

I did prepare myself for this however, and I'm happy to - when the time comes - remove chain pieces that make them too long :)
    I could definitely settle for even just one loop on the bracers and two on the back!

I'm hoping I don't have to remove them completely, but I'll see soon enough.

Thanks!