Home Dota 2

squiddy concepts

Hello! I've been mulling over the concept of a fish blade for Naga for a while now, (as well as a few other ideas), so I thought I'd share where I'm at so far. I'd love any feedback from you lovely folks! I haven't conveyed it very well in my sketches, but ideally the coloured bit (above the blade) would be textured to give the sort of shimmery impression of fish scales.

yOLuv3N.png

Thanks, and hopefully I'll be back later with some more concepts!

Replies

• Automedic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Well that's... a swordfish =)

(sorry, someone had to crack that stupid pun and I thought it might just as well be me)
  • squidsticks
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I've always wanted to a see an Enchantress "hair down" cosmetic, so I thought I'd try designing one. I also kind of toyed around with a set idea, but I'm not 100% on it. I just really want Ench to have a nice hair down style! Again, any comments are appreciated, I realise I'm not so great at this designing thing.

X5LnIMW.png
  • ShorkGamer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ShorkGamer polycounter lvl 7
    I know it from my start, and ur start is way better, but you need to work alot and hard on it. :D
  • Xajai
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Xajai polycounter lvl 3
    From experience i can tell you that the concept for enchantress is too "thin" i mean the strands of hair and lil details, from what ive seen, its all about bigger shapes, even when it comes to really delicate charcters.
  • cottonwings
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Agree with Xajai, the important key in design for Dota 2 is big chunky silhouette (meaning you get to see your design clearly from in-game view) Enchantress with her hair down is a nice idea, just be careful on how the shoulder slots overlap with the sidebang, not just yours but others as well.

Colour wise it's a gamble since it differs from her original shade of brown. I'd suggest follow her browns BUT with pink ombre ends. Something like-

74af50f5d3f730c7b84c839114ed25d9.jpg

The horn and vines wrapping around is my favorite so far. And overall I can see more room for improvement, don't give up buddy! I can't wait to see more of your stuff <3
  • squidsticks
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks guys! This is just the kind of feedback I'm looking for. I think it's difficult for me because my default style is messy and unrefined, which is... well, the opposite of what you need to make good designs for someone else to work from! The comments about the volume required for the items are much appreciated, I will take that on board and try reworking this idea some more.
  • squidsticks
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Okay, I'm back! I tried to take on board the comments about needing a chunkier item, I'm hoping this has more definition and volume to it. I tweaked the design a bit too, to make it more interesting. And while I was practising, I did a Luna hair concept too. Why not I guess! Is this a step in the right direction, or have I failed to understand what I was doing wrong?

HOMLa10.png

UWJtscN.png
  • chrisundrum
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    chrisundrum polycounter lvl 9