Home Contests & Challenges Archives Team Fortress 2

Object Substitution?

polycounter lvl 6
Offline / Send Message
two_larsens polycounter lvl 6
Hi,

When making my item for Soldier, I wasn't sure how it works when making - for instance a 'hat', if it substitutes the original helmet? If not, then I did see that in the file I down loaded for Soldier, there was no helmet there. Would anyone be kind enough to let me know how it works?

In a nutshell - I could have made the 'hat' either way, but ended up using something else to be there, instead of his default helmet.

I am not sure if I explained myself properly. Anyway, I hope so.

Thanks for any help!

H

Replies

• 3DRyan
    Offline / Send Message
    3DRyan polycounter lvl 8
    I believe that when you specify the item as head gear in the in-game publishing tool, it automatically removes his existing helmet. Either that, or it's like that when you start the program to begin with. Either way, it shouldn't be there.
  • EmAr
    Offline / Send Message
    EmAr polycounter lvl 18
    You need to uncheck "hat" in the bodygroup list of the import tool to make the helmet disappear. Additionally, you need to do what 3DRyan suggested to properly list your item in the workshop(it will show up in search results correctly etc.).

EDIT: Also, don't forget to select the item type and equip region as "hat" as well.

EDIT 2: I checked it in the game and selecting hat item type seems to be sufficient to remove the helmet. I'd uncheck hat in the bodygroups just in case though. Sorry if I caused any confusion.