Home Dota 2

Strange Guy offering Itemdealz

polycounter lvl 5
Offline / Send Message
Shock polycounter lvl 5
another artist was just adding me and asking me if i wana join him to
create 8 items/month until ti4 for an indian merc company who wana sell shirts on ti4.
i got some links to several webpages and well.. their current merc looks like that:

prophetofdeath_251626338228.jpg

since i dont rly trust any people (and that is rly the worst dp puppey that i could ever imagine of), and also i totaly can not beleave that volvo is anyhow collaborating with such guys i wanted to ask u guys if u had some offers liek that as well? btw those 8items/months that he wants would be also conected to him with each 10% -.-

Replies

• heboltz3
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    heboltz3 polycounter lvl 9
    So they want to sell merchandise? I don't really understand.

Why do they need a concept artist to MAKE merchandise.

Couldn't they be like, "EY Yo shock. Sweet concepts. we want to make them into a t shirt or a plushie and give you a percentage."

I'm sure you could find out their company name, and hit up some dudes who went last year and try to figure out if they are legit.
  • ragex24
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    i have asked the content creator to make items for us and i have made it clear to him that if he wants to get paid for the items he makes......but he said the percentage is ok with him and i don't understand what scam u think of in this.I just gave him a simple deal cause we are in need of items to our inventory. Anyways if u think that's the worst dp puppy or puppet whatever you should complain valve about it cause that plushie is official valve merchandise.I would assume that he might have asked you for design concepts as he is modeler..
  • ShorkGamer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ShorkGamer polycounter lvl 7
    Volvo giff meepo puppey
  • Tvidotto
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tvidotto polycounter lvl 9
    ragex24 wrote: »
    i have asked the content creator to make items for us and i have made it clear to him that if he wants to get paid for the items he makes......but he said the percentage is ok with him and i don't understand what scam u think of in this.I just gave him a simple deal cause we are in need of items to our inventory. Anyways if u think that's the worst dp puppy or puppet whatever you should complain valve about it cause that plushie is official valve merchandise.I would assume that he might have asked you for design concepts as he is modeler..

Sorry if people here may look a little on a defensive state, we had a lot examples of bad behaviors in the past and recent ones that people here may be worried with those happening again.

Could you explain better what ae your intentions with the items and what you offered Shock in return? so the artists here can understand well your intentions

thanks
  • Tvidotto
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tvidotto polycounter lvl 9
    Just to be clear. im NOT INTERESTED in doing that. I asked to give an opportunity for ragex24 explain himself better and change the first image he passed
  • Shock
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Shock polycounter lvl 5
    well, ive been talking a while to him on steamchat and it seems that they wana create a market in india for dota2 stuff, they want a courier for a tourney that is coming soon. sets and single items for the workshop (alot of those) and also some items for their tshirt bundles that they sell on their webpages.
  • GhostDetector
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    GhostDetector polycounter lvl 10
    @Shock, you should check if they cleared that with with valve, so that they aren't infringing valve's copyright.
  • Shock
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Shock polycounter lvl 5
    ths gd i gona check that. and after all it seems that they are looking for 3 different things for their events.

one is that courier thing for that tourney that is sponsored by the indian telecom, i already declined that joboffer - but if anyone other would be interessted to make a courier for that guys i think they might be very happy to hear from u. after all, remember that those tourneyticket bundles dont have a very high profit.