Home Technical Talk

Bitmap2Material vs Lite

So with Substance designer I've got access to the B2m Lite, but had wanted to know the technical differences between the two. In a way I suppose, I am just wondering if its worth grabbing, and if anyone actually uses it past the basics you get with b2m lite. Though for $25 I might just grab it anyway.. would still like to know what I am jumping into though

Replies

• iskandar80
    Offline / Send Message
    iskandar80 polycounter lvl 6
    Frawmus wrote: »
    So with Substance designer I've got access to the B2m Lite, but had wanted to know the technical differences between the two. In a way I suppose, I am just wondering if its worth grabbing, and if anyone actually uses it past the basics you get with b2m lite. Though for $25 I might just grab it anyway.. would still like to know what I am jumping into though

Hey. So the "full" version of B2M has a more advanced algorithm when it comes to the normal/height generation and comes with more features such as automatic tiling, grunge maps, light equalizing, etc.

HOWEVER, keep in mind that the B2M indie at 25$ is only standalone and cannot be used as a node in SD (or Unity, UDK, etc..). It's fully featured though. To use it as a node or in another application, you would need to buy the Pro version.

Hope it clarifies things :)
  • D4V1DC
    Offline / Send Message
    D4V1DC polycounter lvl 18
    I won't look it up but if you wanted to please put me and others on i have no clue what these are about.

Thanks Frawmus, and sorry too busy working on things to take time to look and read about the items your speaking of.

:)
  • Frawmus
    Was playing with the demo, and has some neat results, but iono. I feel like it makes things almost too complex.. Maybe im just too used to the lite version :P
    Glad the algorithm is more complex, will compare and contrast and see if its worth it.