Home Dota 2

Texturing problem, I think

Hey,

Started making some models again just for fun. Not really planning on getting anything into the game. More of a practicing exercise I guess.
I get this problem when I'm importing my model into the game, it looks as if the texture is warped at one place and I can't find out why.
I have double and triple checked my UV's and they're fine, I've checked both masks and the color texture and can't seem to find anything wrong.
Anyone got a clue to why this is happening?

3Coes9B.png

Replies

• Automedic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    mcfluff wrote: »
    I've checked both masks and the color texture and can't seem to find anything wrong.
    Anyone got a clue to why this is happening?

hmmm, just a random thought from a modelling noob: did you check your normals? It might be that the textures aren't actually warped but rather illuminated the wrong way. The edge of the axe looks a bit like it recieves a highlight it shouldn't get.
  • mcfluff
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Automedic wrote: »
    hmmm, just a random thought from a modelling noob: did you check your normals? It might be that the textures aren't actually warped but rather illuminated the wrong way. The edge of the axe looks a bit like it recieves a highlight it shouldn't get.

I thought about that too at first. But I haven't created any normal maps yet, it's completely flat at the moment