Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

synty's Random Models

Hey All,
I've had a while at home to make some random models. I'm a huge fan of history and old things. I also like war history. I've got more contract work so I prob wont touch the cannon for awhile.

Made This for a bit of fun, It has internals so can be animated. Wanted to learn a bit more Mudbox and incorporate it into my hard surface workflow. Tried to make it look about 60 years old maybe kept in a garage.
grenade.png

AC BlackFlag Fanart. This cannon is still yet to be textured. I've just got some generic base maps on it atm with the baked cavity and ao. Tried to make it look nice and worn maybe about 30-40 years old, the sea spray and contact with crew makes the wood soft. I quite like the soft wood shapes but i don't think its super accurate. I modeled in the silhouette. Its pretty high poly, Ive been doing a lot of film contract work recently and I wanted to do something between film and games.
Cannon04.png

German dagger, Was trying to get something actually finished in the week I made it so I took a model I did years ago, Cleaned it up and baked it over, Took about 5 hours total.
daggerSA.png

Some random hats, I had some SubD models from a flash game I worked on that were used to pre render art. Made some low res quick texture. Maya screenshot.
hats2.PNG

BlackFlag fanart, Made this to upskill my texturing
pirateship2.png

Pixel game I made with a friend for fun :)
pixel.png
grenade.png

Replies