Home Dota 2

HFresch's Concepts and Stuff

Hey everyone! This is my first concept in a very long time, and I appreciate all constructive criticism. I need it. If anyone is actually interested in picking this up and collaborating with me, you are welcome to PM me! I doubt it's good enough though :/

Without further ado, here it is

Silencer-set_zps001fbe8c.png

Replies

• HFresch
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    OK, so I started working on some cosmetics based on in-game items a while ago. It was really ust for fun, but after a while of a bit of work once in a while, I really like the result. Here they are! Criticism is thoroughly welcome!

MSqdOcC.png
  • Pipotchi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Pipotchi polycounter lvl 4
    im liking the dazzle force staff! i think you need to be careful with the silencer set because A) the shoulder face design already exists for the in-game "silent champion" set, B) to cover silencer's own mouth seems kinda conflicting to his actual style- silencer isnt particularly quiet and obviously is quite a heavy spellcaster, so it seems weird to give him a head slot which looks like he is being silenced himself. and lastly I think your colour scheme is feeling a little garish for silencer with the intensity of both the purple and the yellow. i feel the purple could lose some of its colour to make it less overwhelming. i really like the weapon silhouette. just be careful to keep it separate from the qaldin assassin's glaive shuriken for bounty hunter :)
  • HFresch
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Pipotchi wrote: »
    im liking the dazzle force staff! i think you need to be careful with the silencer set because A) the shoulder face design already exists for the in-game "silent champion" set, B) to cover silencer's own mouth seems kinda conflicting to his actual style- silencer isnt particularly quiet and obviously is quite a heavy spellcaster, so it seems weird to give him a head slot which looks like he is being silenced himself. and lastly I think your colour scheme is feeling a little garish for silencer with the intensity of both the purple and the yellow. i feel the purple could lose some of its colour to make it less overwhelming. i really like the weapon silhouette. just be careful to keep it separate from the qaldin assassin's glaive shuriken for bounty hunter :)

Hey, thanks for the response! Yeah, I know there are some things I need to fix with the Silencer set, so I've postponed it. The color is obviously something I need to fix, as well as other design decisions.

And it's nice that you like the Force Staff, I've found someone to cooperate with on it already :)
  • HFresch
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    So someone contacted me, asking for a collaboration on the Dazzle Force Staff! This is so great news for me! Anyway, I made a much more detailed concept for him to work with, and I thought I'd put it here. Please, if you have any critique, dont be shy!

P1rDu2n.png
  • cagdasx44
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I loved the silencer set, but the silence icon over his mouth isnt a great idea I think. His name is silencer not "silenced". But the rest is grest, ypu shouldnt think that it isnt good enough, dont underestimate yourself.

But for the weapons, tusk and dragon knight weapons are too much I think they doesnt fit well but loved the force staff. Dont stuck with items, use your creativity.
  • HFresch
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cagdasx44 wrote: »
    I loved the silencer set, but the silence icon over his mouth isnt a great idea I think. His name is silencer not "silenced". But the rest is grest, ypu shouldnt think that it isnt good enough, dont underestimate yourself.

But for the weapons, tusk and dragon knight weapons are too much I think they doesnt fit well but loved the force staff. Dont stuck with items, use your creativity.

Thanks for your belief in me, and don't worry - I won't give up on the silencer set. Although, as most have pointed out, it needs a rework, so I'll have to put some time aside.

As for the items, I think all the ideas have potential. Most think that the tusk and DK sets are too much of a stretch, but I still think that if I clean them up they would work.

Anyways, thanks for the reply!
  • nephilim93
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    nephilim93 null
    I think the silencer set could use some research first. Figure out a unique theme or find a unique style of clothing that appeals to you, and build the set around that. Otherwise it won't stand apart from existing sets very well.

For example, just skimming the wikepedia page 'list of headgear gave me a few ideas. An aggressive silencer set could take inspiration from the german Pickelhaube and leather longcoat. You could do a wintry Russian inspired set with Ushanka and a heavy fur cloak. A more martial, knightly silencer set could have an Armet helmet.
  • HFresch
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    nephilim93 wrote: »
    I think the silencer set could use some research first. Figure out a unique theme or find a unique style of clothing that appeals to you, and build the set around that. Otherwise it won't stand apart from existing sets very well.

For example, just skimming the wikepedia page 'list of headgear gave me a few ideas. An aggressive silencer set could take inspiration from the german Pickelhaube and leather longcoat. You could do a wintry Russian inspired set with Ushanka and a heavy fur cloak. A more martial, knightly silencer set could have an Armet helmet.

Thanks for the tip, but as I've said, I'm not working on that set right now. I am currently working on other things, such as the items below it.
  • HFresch
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Just finished a finalized concept for Radiance for Phantom Lancer. I did some changes to make the blade lighter.

J3R7Vci.png
  • HFresch
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Finalized concept for Butterfly, for PL. Already have a partner to cooperate with!

g5rDTYs.png
  • KOT2897
  • HFresch
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KOT2897 wrote: »

Hey man, someone else is already working on the concept. You just focus on the Force Staff right now, and then maybe we'll talk ;)
  • KOT2897
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KOT2897 polycounter lvl 2
    I can try later ok?)
  • tangous
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Can i take butterfly?
  • [NB] Mohsen
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [NB] Mohsen polycounter lvl 3
    Guys, I have already taken the concept.
  • tangous
  • HFresch
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Uh, so guys, the Butterfly is taken. I'll be posting some new sketches soon, so you can stay tuned, but for now the only items that are free are Heaven's Halberd for Tusk and Mjollnir for Dragin Knight.

More sketches soon!
  • HFresch
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Abaddon concept: TAKEN

Wnzq6Q6.png