Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

robot takeover env

Hey guys,
Been working on this scene on my time off. Let me know what you think.
thanks!

ROBOT_FINAL_zps1ce0428d.png~original

Replies

• luge
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    luge polycounter lvl 4
    the title doesn't really fit what I'm seeing here. doesn't really look like a take over of any sort. and what you call a "robot", at least at this angle, looks like it could even be someone inside a suit :/ otherwise, it doesn't look bad quality wise. I'd say dirty up some more, break down a wall maybe. but thats my own opinion. its just, when i think a take over for anything, it never looks subtle, its usually pretty harsh, and looks like a warzone of sorts... like someone got into a fight in the area of something of that nature.
  • Zin83
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Zin83 polycounter lvl 9
    The scene is looking really good. The lighting is looking much better. I really like the bedroom it adds a lot to the story of the scene. The things i would maybe fix is maybe the left side wall maybe add some extra damage and maybe the brightness outside the upper part of the hallway window.
  • michaelkr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    so i decided to bring this scene into unreal 4. I also added some detail and made a few changes.
    robot_unreal_zpsd980dd41.png~original
  • luge
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    luge polycounter lvl 4
    Ok, this is looking better. but try to be mindeful that tears in cloth are going to change the way those pieces move, they wont move uniformly with the original fold. which i guess is fine with the way you have it, as its an alpha by the looks of it, which is another thing, I see you tried to make them not repeat so much by making the holes not as consistent... but they still look like a repeated pattern :/ another thing, the fire coming out of your jets looks more like water with a light shining through it instead.

the blood on the door, at least the handprint, well, it doesn't even really look like a handprint, theres no breakup from the palm and fingers touching the door first, or any smearing, it looks more like a sticker.

another thing is some of your textures are extremely blurry, like on the door, actually, everything really to do with the door, aside from the sign is really blurry. oh, and except the door knob