Home Dota 2

Barry Chuckles Workshop

Hi guys, so i've recently started cranking out some concepts and trying my hand at modelling.
Looking for some critique on items etc.

Anyone interested in collaborations, please feel free to PM me.

My most recent concept, is a Midas glove for Doom. I had the idea to do this a while ago when the workshop first got introduced, but at the time I had not experimented with any modelling etc so didn't persue the idea.

I'm aware of the midas concept someone made for Furion, but i feel they didn't execute the look correctly, so here are my thoughts on how it should look.

gixNIGc.jpg
I'd ideally like for this to be implemented as an Arcana, as it would allow for the opportunity to add an effect on either dooms devour, or Midas consumption if Doom had one purchased.
The effect I envision for it would be similar to the one that the golden wrench had when you killed an opponent.
Imagine using devour on a creep, it turning to a solid gold 'ragdoll' and then melting into the ground.

My second concept, that some may have already seen is one that I am still working on.
pB6Zcrz.png
7rHHn.png

Love to hear any thoughts,
Cheers.

Replies

• AndrewHelenek
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AndrewHelenek polycounter lvl 6
    calcifaids wrote: »

My second concept, that some may have already seen is one that I am still working on.
    pB6Zcrz.png
    7rHHn.png

Love to hear any thoughts,
    Cheers.

Hi, I'm a ward guy, I love wards. I have a few recommendations that could improve this drastically. Relying on a particle to differentiate between sentry and observer is probably the single worst thing you can do, don't do that. Instead, try and pull more color into the wraps, Id say use the colors of the wards to do this, warmer for observer, cooler for sentry. This would really make those bandages pop, since right now the pure dark bandages really don't help the readiblity of the ward. Other then that I love the idea and cant wait to see how you progress! Cheers!
  • calcifaids
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hi, I'm a ward guy, I love wards. I have a few recommendations that could improve this drastically. Relying on a particle to differentiate between sentry and observer is probably the single worst thing you can do, don't do that. Instead, try and pull more color into the wraps, Id say use the colors of the wards to do this, warmer for observer, cooler for sentry. This would really make those bandages pop, since right now the pure dark bandages really don't help the readiblity of the ward. Other then that I love the idea and cant wait to see how you progress! Cheers!

That's great advise :D
    I'll definitely take that on board when i'm running the texturing.
    At the moment i'm trying to mess around with the tri count so that i have enough detail in the model.

And trying to do the UV unwrap which is proving much harder to do that i thought haha.
  • MdK
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MdK polycounter lvl 9
    Are you really named after Barry Chuckle?.... hahaha!

F_200505_may02ed_img_49099a.jpg
  • calcifaids
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MdK wrote: »
    Are you really named after Barry Chuckle?.... hahaha!

F_200505_may02ed_img_49099a.jpg

chuckle-brothers-to-me-to-you.jpg
  • calcifaids
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Does anyone have any idea what the crack is with rigging cosmetics in relation to another part (for example, with my doom bracer, i'd like to overlay a lot of the hand, and in order to do this, i'd need to use the same rigging as the hand)?

There isn't any hand loadout, so will i have to cut back the bracer from the fingertips in order to create the midas?