Home Dota 2

Vyes workshop concepts

Vyebrows
polycounter lvl 3
Offline / Send Message
Vyebrows polycounter lvl 3
The initial concept sketch for Tiddles, wanted him to be wearing scavenged parts of boats repurposed to be armour assuming tech lvl is at sailboats and gunpowder. Wanted jaw reinforcements similar to orks.
3kweNso.png

After tweaks, wearing half a small boat as back armour would make a good silhouette
54lvaaw.png?1

Doesn't look strong enough, needs some metal braces
5Hq6G5c.png

Alterations, might be hard getting this within the 300-400 poly limits. Got a decent looking weapon design now at least. Strap of cannonballs along the back would look nice also. Really like the predator style cannon.
J2Xp2Pz.png

Replies

• Vyebrows
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tweaked more, made low poly models in blender now and am currently playing around with that.
    KUqRKIa.png
    I remain unsure about the faceplate design, it's hard to place supportive straps for it when his body is so ....pudgy.
    I love the new gauntlet design, need the rope bindings are going to be the hard part though.
    Can't decide at the moment what type of blade or blade grip i prefer, the sawblade looks too much like bounty hunters item i think.
    For the Backpiece i hope i can get the chest of cannonballs to fit in the limits, really unsure about having chest of cannonballs or just a "ammo belt" of cannonballs, both would look great but the tiny limits may make chest too low poly for its size.
  • Vyebrows
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Progress, getting the low poly on. Tried sculpting a few times but unhappy with it and myself. May have to make ropes all single faces, managed to get the arm armour on the 300 limit with 3 faced ropebands since they're such a simple design.
    DihS9XX.png
    Alot of tweaking still needed as i keep changing the design little by little if i could only stop myself from changing the design for once...
    Thinking about rigging, may need to make cannon centralised on top of back, doesn't have the same "Predator" feel plus there's already a back cannon on the workshop.
    Also thinking about sticking a harpoon in the cannon and using chains instead of rope again but they'd have to be a 2d texture and i'm not sure how good that will look, the contrast between the yellowed rope and the restwill prolly look better though.