Home General Discussion

Legal issues regarding Desgin.

Minovsky
polycounter lvl 6
Offline / Send Message
Minovsky polycounter lvl 6
Hey guys, im pretty new to this forum and this is my first post! Not posting anything work related just yet. I have a little question i want to ask you guys since im quite new to this industry. There is a 3D printing contest at my school and well there are money prizes if I do end up winning. But the problem is, if it's alright to submit my take on the design from an art test im doing for a company? The art test is just so we could get work at the place. Would there be legal issues with that?

Replies

• Steve Schulze
    Offline / Send Message
    Steve Schulze polycounter lvl 18
    I'm not sure about legal, but it sounds like it could potentially be a little ethically dodgy to me. Unless the test is on display all the time like the ones that Splash Damage and ArenaNet have, they studio may not appreciate you showing off the test to all and sundry.
  • ZacD
    Offline / Send Message
    ZacD ngon master
    The first thing you need to figure out is if you have permission to share art test.

Then you have to make sure the school isn't going to use the contest results or pictures of the art test for promotion and advertising, or if they are going to, that you have permission to do that with the art test.

Then you have to figure out if winning a prize is okay
  • Minovsky
    Offline / Send Message
    Minovsky polycounter lvl 6
    I'll prolly email them and see if they'd be fine with it. Dont want a small school contest to turn into something massive.. haha Thanks alot though! i was just thinking i could kill two birds with one stone! haha