Home Counter-Strike: GO

Five Seven | Army Standard

mihaivdev
polycounter lvl 6
Offline / Send Message
mihaivdev polycounter lvl 6
Hi all. Here's my first(ish) skin for CS:GO. First(ish) because I made another one before this but that's not worth seeing the light of day :).

6B5F5576FE577EC806F5E463BCEE9CC27B549079

While I know that this is no work of art and possibly not worth being on Polycount, I also believe that is no kitsch, not just slapped on the weapon and thrown on the workshop and it's my beginning into making better skins hopefully with some unique ideas and styles.

That being said, I'd kindly ask you to give it a look and possibly a thumbs up and I thank you greatly for your kindness.

Five Seven | Army Standard
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=235870611

Replies

• JohnnyN
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    It is nice, however a bit typical, it wouldn't suprised me if Valve already did had a backlog of simular camos, altough I suppose the "if" possiblity isn't even nearly as big as with simple paint-by-number finishes.

I do recomend trying with a bit of a two tone style aswell, I often find that camo patterns can look a bit more curious if you mix in a different smooth color onto the rest of the gun, it could make it a bit different without removing the authenticity of the military style.

Gave it a thumbs up either how, nothing awfull here. :)
  • ANTiGFX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Nice looking gun, I would say you have a nice base but I think you could add some good detail on top. You could probably try different things quickly by just edit the image above before you commit to work on the UV. Thumbs up, I love realistic skins.
  • mihaivdev
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    mihaivdev polycounter lvl 6
    Thank you for the reply and thumbs up. I have too thought as you did, that Valve might have a backlog of camos reason for which I looked through the workshop searching for all I could find, and didn't find much, or at least not too similar. Also since I made the pattern mostly as an exercise to learn skinning thought it wouldn't hurt to publish it anyway :)
  • RacePeaceDay
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    RacePeaceDay polycounter lvl 6
    I hope Valve start adding more realistic skins, they only added futuristic in Winter.