Home Full time/Part time work

Ubisoft San Francisco is hiring! Tech Artist & Tech Animator

Hi everyone,

I've not officially gotten these up on ubi.com yet (they should be up this afternoonish), but i wanted to let everyone know that I'm going to be staffing up a few Tech Art positions here at Ubisoft Studio SF.

We've built a foundation over the last few years (Rocksmith!)and now we're getting the ball rolling on a new, action-packed, original IP. Platform-wise, we're looking at PS4/XB1/PC.

I'll have full-on officially official job postings up soon, but here's a quick rundown:

Technical Artist
- ownership of the content pipeline, from DCC tools on into the game
- we're using some pretty cutting-edge internal tech; I want someone in love with the idea of taking that and doing new and amazing things with it
- tools! python!
- performance, optimization, best practices
- et cetera

Technical Animator/Character TA
- ownership of character rigs/pipeline
-- specifically I'm looking for someone with a passion for building powerful, flexible, and intuitive rigs for the animators
- defining/owning workflow/best practices for animation/rigging/etc
- mocap/physics-driven animation/etc
- I'm anticipating a lot of part-swapping/highly-customizable characters

I need people who have shipped multiple higher-end (I hate the term AAA) console/PC games. Specifically, I'm looking for the experience that comes with supporting pipelines/teams working in that type of environment. We'll most likely have some off-site/outsourced/contract artists as well, so some amount of your time would be spent dealing with that (pipeline/workflow-wise).

We're a small, very tight-knit group here at Studio SF. I'm looking for people that can come in and make us better. We don't do the "400 people across three continents worked on this" type of projects -- we work smart, lean, and everyone pitches in where they can.

Like I said, these aren't officially up yet, but I wanted to let the community know first. If you're interested (or have questions), you can contact me directly -- I'm the hiring manager.

Thanks!

-abm