Home Dota 2

[ward] The giant optic nerve

Spam_One
polycounter lvl 4
Offline / Send Message
Spam_One polycounter lvl 4
Hello all,

After my request for some help in the technical talk of polycount, i finished my ward (first thing i do for dota2 and first serious thing i do for a game, from the beginning to the end).

B2e0KIfl.jpg

"
I did it in months. Yeah, months. Learn things all the way long, redo stuff, redo again, didn't have so much time because of work... Sometimes i didnt touch it for weeks, that's why it were so long.

Anyway, i finished it today, and i like to present you the giant optic nerve :poly142:

R5PNa7al.jpg
Hundreds of years ago, Ancestors of Heroes fought gigantic Trolls, very rare and high-powered creeps, and they used their rests to shape, with some black magic, Wards.

The excited optical nerve of the creature, which hung on to bones and put on her flesh heap, looks like a terrible ward. Terrible because, when your enemies saw it, he knew you were that kind of powerful hero capable of killing the beast.

Since the Radiant and the Dire confrontation started again, people say that Trolls would be back in certain distant mountains...

Like your Ancestors, will you be a rather powerful hero to have this ward ?

Finally, what i want to do is here, maybe not in the best way but, that's here, my ward, representing the optic nerve of a giant troll who lived in DOTA world.

It was a great experience, i learn a lot about multi layer stacking in photoshop, aswell as multiples exports from C4D, Xnormal, Ndo². Also i learn a bit animation in C4D, my very first time, but also i learn to use topogun and the concept of a good topology. So much things to say, but so many times passed since.

xJosYFJ.jpg

It's just a one post presentation because everything is made now, but it was a pleasure to finish this in the past week (i worked on it (again) from 6am to 19pm today, and it was often like that since last week), and i promise i will do a thread for my next concept, because i learn so much things here and it's can just be good for me to show you what i do and then learn from your comments.

Have fun to discover my ward, critics appreciated ! :)

Imgur album

youtube

(and again, sorry for my english)

Replies