Home General Discussion

Modelling with real photography

Hey guys,

We would like to know how to use real pictures for modelling, using "photography as reference" instead of using blue-prints
anybody can help please?
thank you :D

Replies

• Justin Meisse
    Offline / Send Message
    Justin Meisse polycounter lvl 18
    You can use them just like you use blueprints just be wary that lens distortion means you can't trust the photos as much as a blueprint. Basically work more in perspective instead of matching up front, side, top etc... views.
  • HGC125
    You can use them just like you use blueprints just be wary that lens distortion means you can't trust the photos as much as a blueprint. Basically work more in perspective instead of matching up front, side, top etc... views.

ow great, thanks a lot :D
  • NegevPro
    Offline / Send Message
    NegevPro polycounter lvl 4
    If you haven't used photo references much before, then another thing to keep in mind is that it is great to gather a ton of reference images from many different views. Whenever I want to model something based off of photo reference, I end up looking for pictures that will help me see what the item will look like from multiple different angles.

It's not really necessary for every item, but a lot of the time it'll help you make models that are more accurate.
  • Tadao215
    Offline / Send Message
    Tadao215 polycounter lvl 13
    Also if you're bringing in a photo you've taken yourself keep in mind of things like focal length and the distance you were at from the subject and try to match your maya cameras to it.