Home Digital Sketchbooks

Cleiteag's Sketchbook

polycounter lvl 6
Offline / Send Message
cleiteag polycounter lvl 6
Hey there folks!
I'm finally mustering up the strength to post more of my stuff up online and hopefully encourage me to get better!
I'm also a complete noob when it comes to forums and things so please help keep me right if I do something wrong!

Any critiques is very welcome! :)

I've been doing 3D for a couple of years now but never really thrown myself into it as much as I feel like I should have and now I really am started to get into it!

Final+Viking.jpg

I've only just started playing around with Zbrush at the start of this year (gosh the time really is flying by!) and me and a few friends have started doing biweekly challenges, this was our first challenge.

He's fairly lumpy and bumpy but I think once I've gotten the hang of zbrush a bit more I can get that under control :)

Replies

• cleiteag
    Offline / Send Message
    **Edit**
    I should also say that along with JOLOMO I've been taking a heavy influence from this picture by Andy Peutherer (hence the thick black lines);
    callanish%20winter%20lrg.jpg

He's a really great artist and I would highly recommend checking out his stuff :)
    Anyway, here's some of the stuff I've been working on that he's inspired;
    Rock-tests-gif.gif

Environment art has never been my strongest suite and funnily enough it seems to be a really large part of my projects this year so I've been working on getting better.

At the moment I'm working on a project to portray classic short stories in a new interactive media. I'm taking heavy influence from the likes of Dear Esther and Year Walk in term of technology (and I Dear Esther in a sense from the setting).
    The environment is based around the outer Hebrides in Scotland and at the moment I'm working on portraying the standing stones in an interesting way.

I really want to be able to create some sort of thick painterly look, I'm thinking of something like a 3D JOLOMO environment :)
    rock.mov

rock+experiment+5.jpg
  • cleiteag
    Offline / Send Message
    So I've been busy working away on my rocks and general sculpting abilities!

I feel I managed to get this lovely painted look that I was after.

trinity+stone.jpg

I've also been trying to practice my facial anatomy as that seemed to be a major issue I suffered from last year. So here's an early wip of a piece I've been working
    Portrait.jpg
  • cleiteag
    Offline / Send Message
    Here's the rock with just the normal map baked on

Front;

standing+stone+1.jpg

Back;

standing+stone+front.jpg