Home Dota 2

Reximus' Concepts

Hey everyone! This is my first post on Polycount, but not the last - I hope. :D
Lemme show you what I've got!

As a debut in the world of conceptual design, I've teamed with two awesome 3D artists - oxhid3 and b0sk. Ladies and gentlemen, we give you ... "The Twin Absorbers": http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=228327060

Standard

the_twin_absorbers_by_theincrediblejazzman-d76ull0.jpg

With suggested FX

the_twin_absorbers___fx_by_theincrediblejazzman-d76um09.jpg

Original Concept

1462087_484063358380184_1660668176_n_by_theincrediblejazzman-d76ummn.jpg

Replies

• Spudnik
    Offline / Send Message
    Spudnik polycounter lvl 11
    I'm a bit skeptical of how it will look when it's actually ingame (as in how it will play) but the design definitely stands apart from the others. I'd strongly advise you to lower with the saturation a bit though, maybe bring in some gradients in the big spots of flat purple in the design.
  • nordicorc
    Can you get it in game to test it out? Might want to go with less runes that are bigger so the viewer can see that weapon has runes that drive the weapons magic. Are there stats or a description on what the weapon does? I have not played DOTA2, might help us giving you some more feedback.

Loving the purples. I agree with Spudnik you could lower the saturation of the purples where there are no glowies or magic being emitted. Could lower the over all glow effect and then pump it up when he does a strike or magic attack.

Great job!
  • Robosaurus Rex
    @Spudnik Wow, thanks for the comment! I'm really honored to receive advice from seasoned veterans. I'm really looking up to you man! As for the textures, we will clearly do a 2.0 if Volvo decides to consider our design.

Here's an in-game preview

2ldyd4w.jpg