Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Orc Bust, Need Crits

Still fairly new to the different skills needed in zbrush, just about know basic sculpting and polypainting and that's about it. Would love some advice on what to do next, was thinking maybe some orcish armour as I haven't tried hard surface yet.

orc2_front_by_fishmanjo-d760di2.jpg

orc2_side_by_fishmanjo-d760di5.jpg

Replies

• Torch
    Offline / Send Message
    Torch polycounter
    Yo Bryn, cool start. The head looks pretty lumpy and it seems you subdivded to a high level too quickly.

I'd say don't focus on polypainting so much now, get anatomy down as best as you can. Do head sculpts, and really study the head - a skull would be a good start, use loads of reference and focus on forms before detailing :)

Try get some in depth tutorials about facial anatomy, there's some great kits from Scott Spencer, Zack Petroc and Ryan Kingslien to name a few.
  • Bryn.Morgan
    Ah thanks for replying :D
    Yeah think you're right there, I changed the style of it pretty drastically halfway through and forgot to go down subdivision levels when I re-blocked it.
    I don't know why but I seem to have a much easier time with it without reference images but I guess its best if I get used to using them.

To be honest I've kind of lost motivation with this one for now, seems if I don't do a model start to finish within some sort of set time I kind of get lost after a while.

Think I'll try my hand at other techniques like a purely hard surface model before I come back to refine this one just to keep me going.

Thanks again for the suggestions, I'll be sure to check those guys out :D
  • Bryn.Morgan
    Oh btw, just looked at some of your work...
    love your Dishonored Slackjaw model :D