Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

MP5

Nosslak
polycounter lvl 12
Offline / Send Message
Nosslak polycounter lvl 12
I decided to start working on a new project, this time a weapon as well but instead of a fantasy weapon I went down the road of a modern military weapon, namely an MP5. I chose this as I felt that I wanted to see how well I could pull that off as I've barely made any modern military weapon at all.

Here's what it looks like right now:
MP5_HP_3.png

Self critique:
- I'm not entirely happy with the part between the barrel and the stock, so that will have to be improved upon.
- I think the charging lever hole is a bit too big so I'll scale that down a bit for the next update.
- Still need to add some details around the iron sight at the front.
- The switch for changing firing modes could be improved a bit as well.
- The model is mostly symmetrical ATM with no extra details on the right side only.

I used a few different photos for reference with what I can only presume to be a few different models of the same weapon so my model might not be an exact replica of a single model of the weapon. The part that would stand out the most is probably the triangular pattern above the trigger as most of my references didn't have that, but I liked it so I added it anyway.

Started working a bit on the lowpoly as well and it looks like it'll clock in at about 7000 triangles. But it's too early to show that right now.

Some critique would as always be very much appreciated!