Home Technical Talk

Blender-Animated textures problem..

polycounter lvl 10
Offline / Send Message
melviso polycounter lvl 10
I am trying to use animated textures using the uvmap method by having multiple maps of a character's face with different emotions on one texture sheet.

Problem is I textured the character in Blender at 1024x1024 res before exporting to Gimp and creating the multiple animated maps on the same textured sheet.The sheet size is 4096 x1024 res.Problem is the uvmap stretches once the size of the image changes the new texture sheet.
I watched this tutorial:
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fu8kQgclNus"]How To Animate Textures(UV Coordinates) In Blender Using AnimAll - YouTube[/ame]
Does anyone know how I can increase the size of the image to match the original image size so I don't have to move to scale the uvs to match each face in the texture sheet?He is using cycles.I intend to use this with Blender Internal renderer.

Replies

• .Wiki
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    .Wiki polycounter lvl 8
    It would be the best way to use multiple textures and use them as a image sequence.

You should be able to animate the image sequence inside of blender.
  • JedTheKrampus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JedTheKrampus polycounter lvl 8
    asx.25<enter>

Just scale the UVs down before you animate them. You can also use a video file as a texture in Blender, which would allow you to get a similar effect.
  • melviso
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    melviso polycounter lvl 10
    Thanks.I was able to get it to work correctly with the texture sheets.I also experimented with image sequence.With image sequence u get some control over how fast the frames move using fields.With animating uvs for facial expressions,u are restricted to the number of frames on ur sheet and if u don't place the uvs precisely, it shifts the facial features on the character during playback.