Home Dota 2

Are "grotesque" things allowed in DotA still?

tja
tja
polycounter lvl 3
Offline / Send Message
tja polycounter lvl 3
Things that are quite gore related or discomforting, as Pudge got stitched back up, Naix isnt in workshop and that usually mean the hero will be changed.

Anyone have know if Valve will be going to change those themes? Nothing is mentioned about it that I could find. Only that the Chinese (Perfect World) client was different.

Replies

• Xajai
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Xajai polycounter lvl 3
    From what ive seen, it adapts from hero to hero, for example pudge i guess is the most grotesque hero, and hes got pretty nasty stuff, like his intestine chain, and we cant forget about bloodeseeker and his ult. but, i doubt that they would let you add something ... too graphic i guess... i mean mutilation, beheading, etc.
  • tja
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    tja polycounter lvl 3
    Lifestealer is surely grotesque as he as a bad case of hyperdontia and exposed tissue and bone, not to mention his blood trails from his hands. Bane also has slit wrists which are constantly bleeding grape juice.

It just seemed odd that Pudge was stitched up, and those heroes are not in the workshop.
  • MagnoHusein
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yes they adapted the heros for China. Any gore related thing is an insult for the chinese people, it has to do with respecting the dead people or something like this.

ykYktjJ.png

(I didn't get ancient apparition tho)

If you are asking this because you are planning to do grotesque stuff, well better avoid at max/trying to not exaggerate. DFX did a great job with Pudge for Chinese New Year event, you should check out his stuff and see better the elements that he used.