Home Technical Talk

Dynamesh at 2048 resolution giving low-poly results?

Hey all

I'm trying to combine three pieces I did in maya, separate objects and dynamesh them together but whenever I dynamesh, at 2048 resolution, it just creates a really low poly version. What gives?

L6nP2Mj.png
U9lNSev.png

Replies

• walterlow
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    walterlow polycounter lvl 8
    dynamesh resolution depends on the size of your mesh. scale your objects up and you will see the difference.

hope it helps
  • ahendowski
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    walterlow wrote: »
    dynamesh resolution depends on the size of your mesh. scale your objects up and you will see the difference.

hope it helps

So I'm trying to keep everything where it is.

I tried using Deformation to scale to 50, then right away to test I did -50, and it didn't scale down to the exact spot. Any idea?

edit:
    Just ran a test. I can scale it to 50, and to get it back to the right spot immediately, I have to scale it to -67. Why is this?

edit 2:
    Weird, when I manually type it in, it didn't work, but when I just scrubbed it did. Definitely weird, but it worked. Thanks!
  • Bek
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Bek interpolator
    You could use unify on all your meshes to resize them as long as you don't have to take these models back to another package with their original scale.
  • walterlow
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    walterlow polycounter lvl 8
    your welcome. To adjust all your subtools, you can make use of the "Repeat To Other" function under Deformation once you have adjusted the size using the scale slider.