Home Royalties or Post-Launch Compensation Work

Nexus Games

Shark
polycounter lvl 8
Offline / Send Message
Shark polycounter lvl 8
Hello
My name is Jim Tankersley, I am the creator of my own independent game company Nexus Games.
My small team and I are creating a new game that we as a team decided upon which is a platformer with several RPG aspects. The game is still in the designing phase, all team members inputs are important as well as the games quality and originality.
There are more design elements that I can't announce as of right now. The programming is being done in GML.

About The Team / What You Can Expect From The Project

* We're a hard-working, friendly group of individuals that collaborate with each other (consisting of 7 members at the moment that between the 7 of us we cover all aspects of game making but would like to expand)

* Active communication (weekly Skype meetings, and shared group chat on Skype)

* A game that you can directly contribute your ideas to (all ideas for the game are considered and encouraged)

* We've all been working together since around December 2013, and are in this for the long haul of creating MANY great, polished games, not just simply one single game.

Requirements

* Passionate about games and game development

* Active and accessible contributor (all of us work at full-time day jobs, but still regularly contribute to the game, and are available for communication on Skype)

* Can attend online, weekly meetings on Skype at 4 pm Sat (Central time).

* Can contribute around 10+ hours a week

* In or close to central time zone (OR are easily accessible for communication purposes and the weekly meeting)

Compensation

* Rated Profit share(Based on how much you contributed towards the final product, DO NOT ask to join and then do nothing)

This is a big project and I ask any person who is up to the task to apply. I understand that you most likely would like to know more about the project and us the people behind it, but this is all under wraps till you've been added to the team, as a official Team member, or it becomes closer to completion.

Available positions(No experience necessary but a plus)

*Programmer (GML only)

*Artist (2D for now, and 3D will be implemented the future but not yet)

To apply please send PM to me with details of your talents and anything you can show verifying your talents

Replies

• Devart
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    You mentioned that the game has rpg parts to it. I was wondering if the game IS an rpg or what you're trying to do without giving too much away. Private message is fine. I have work I can show for 2d and 3d character and creature art.
  • Shark
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Shark polycounter lvl 8
    Devart wrote: »
    You mentioned that the game has rpg parts to it. I was wondering if the game IS an rpg or what you're trying to do without giving too much away. Private message is fine. I have work I can show for 2d and 3d character and creature art.

No the game is a platformer.(In our first meeting we were discussing what kind of game to do first and RPG came up at the meeting. Although we decided against it because RPGs are rather long and complicated to make. we didn't want to set the bar too high on our first game) During the process of designing this game it has gained qualities that doesn't fit into the normal genre of "platformers" but instead the qualities of a RPG, but without losing any of its platforming qualities. Sorry but I can't be specific on this question, but I hope it clarified enough to answer your question.

To summarize The game is a platformer with qualities from other games(Just RPGs at the moment) Without taking away anything from the platforming side.