Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Monthly Community Noob Challenge February 2014 (16)

Replies

• Jimonions
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jimonions polycounter lvl 10
    I honestly got pretty bored towards the end of this. There's just not a whole to it. I mean the outside is just rocks pretty much. Inside same thing but with some green and buildings. There were quite a few things which I tried out but ended up causing more problems or just didn't turn up as expected so I omitted putting in the final.
    I really wanted to redo the dome supports more than anything else but I had so much trouble trying to get my vision modeled properly to such an odd curvature.
    Still it was worthwhile learning how to use UDK more extensively.

So here's what I end with
    final.PNG
  • njackson4190
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Haven't posted in a while but I have made a lot of progress. Close to finishing the terrain assets, the only thing left that I want to do is make a tiling detail map for some of the larger rocks. I will not finish this by the end of the month but I am going to continue working on this till completion.

I edited the terrain a pretty good amount and converted it to a landscape. I also ran some erosion filters on it in Terrasculptor. The only thing I cannot figure out is how to get rid of the seam where my rock assets and the terrain meet. So far everything is hand painted and sculpted in zbrush. I then retopo in topogun for the low poly. Since I had a bunch of small rock assets, I was able to make a tiling rocky terrain relatively fast. I also added in a whispy kind of blowing dirt on the terrain.

ol3h.jpg
    q2sk.jpg
    4m80.jpg
    kw39.jpg
    imuv.jpg
    r0ha.jpg
  • GarageBay9
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    GarageBay9 polycounter lvl 13
    Well, despite my best laid plans for this, I got pretty derailed early this month by other stuff and I'm not going to be finished by tomorrow. Think I'll keep working though... I like this concept.
  • njackson4190
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Here is where I am at for the end of the month. I made two more tiling textures, one is moss and the other grass. Early next week I am going to create a new forum for this project since it is the end of the month.

ynuq.jpg
    kutz.jpg
    zq2l.jpg
    yhge.jpg
  • Danface
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Danface polycounter lvl 7
    This is what I have at the minute, still a fair way from finished, a few lighting issues to tackle and some more texture work to do but haven't had much time recently.

fR2btVK.jpg
  • AlexCatMasterSupreme
  • Moutrave
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Moutrave polycounter lvl 8
    Hey...I know this thread is dead and all, but since i started the challenge mid-february I thought I wuld keep working on it a bit after the deadline...first time for me so well, I'm posting some pics anyway, I'm ending it today, it's gone on long enough (30 horus or so during the past 3 weeks...).

Next time i'll be sure to start on the 1st of the month...

MarsTemple1.jpg

MarsTemple2.jpg

MarsTemple5.jpg