Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Futuristic Chinatown

Replies

• klamp
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    klamp polycounter lvl 14
    This turned out really well. Good stuff, dude!
  • oxygencube
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    oxygencube polycounter lvl 8
    Hey man.. Great stuff here! I got a little feedback and a paint over.

Your perspective lives all point to the end of the road where you have a blank wall. I think you gotta get some stuff down there to keep your eye busy and anchored there. The butcher shop on the side will do a great job in moving your eye around but the focal point really is where your perspective lines converge.

Take it or leave it.

Keep up the nice work.
    paint_over.jpg
  • AkiRa
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AkiRa polycounter lvl 6
    This looks great! Your material work is amazing man!
    Nothing to crit here! :)
  • theironpaw
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    theironpaw polycounter lvl 7
    Keeping it real. nice work keep these updates flowing :)
  • urgaffel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    urgaffel polycounter lvl 17
    The last two screenshots look really nice! One detail that would be neat (but could be hard to achieve) is to have the signs actually illuminate the rain. Like where the green sign is, the rain would have a green tint from the light. Also, in the last screenshot, the rain that's falling against the dark background on the left would be almost invisible, but then be more and more visible the closer to the lamppost it gets.
  • enoki
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    enoki polycounter lvl 4
    @klamp, AkiRa, theironpaw: thank you guys! :D
    @oxygencube: thanks for taking the time to do a paint-over. You bring up a very good point, and it was a concern I had as I was working on the layout and composition, so I'm glad someone brought it up.
    @urgaffel: thanks! Hmm that might be a bit challenging because the rain is a tileable texture on a transparent plane that I placed in relation to the camera, but maybe I can find a way to fake the effect.
  • Kobalt Kiwii
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kobalt Kiwii polycounter lvl 6
    I would just say I agree with oxygencube in that the composition isn't quite there yet in the first image. Perhaps a light coming from around the corner or turning a light in the end buidling could make that area of the image more interesting; at the moment both the focal point and the main section of rest.

Looks great, I was just wandering if the rain is in post or how you did that in marmoset?
  • AlexCatMasterSupreme
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AlexCatMasterSupreme interpolator
    Umm how can you model something futuristic if it hasn't happened yet....
    like that's not possible.

jk but really this looks super cool.
    I feel like you really are nailing the lighting in this scene but the only thing I do feel is that it's lacking an area of interest to draw the eye, or some kinda message to convey or story to tell, the scene itself is very good.

I'll be honest I didn't read the whole thread but I'm just trying to help:)
  • razz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    razz polycounter lvl 9
    Haha, I think it looks great, man! I like it that you don't overdo it with crazy glow and color tints, that stuff is a bit overused (I probably would've ended doing it that way), 'cause maybe it's easier to make things look more sci-fi that way) You're pulling this off nicely, keep going!