Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

(Unity) Hand Watch - Marmoset Skyshop

Hey all. I've been working on a hand watch (3DsMax) and I popped it into Unity, using the Marmoset Skyshop Materials.
Looking forward to what you guys think. Thanks!
5ySX7zv.jpg

Replies

• tynew
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    tynew polycounter lvl 9
    Is there anti aliasing?
  • armodka
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    In Unity settings or in the textures? I'm still kinda new to Unity so I'm not too sure on how to use it. I guess I have not played with any AA setting yet. The textures are full res.
  • Shrike
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Shrike interpolator
    You can put antialiasing in the camera per script, just add it , super simple
    FXAA 1 is probably the best, unity dosnt have that great AA unless you use forward rendering, MSAA is not really working in deferred, if oyu use forward then go to unity settings > player

The back of your watch looks like ice, and the front is really dark , and your exposure is too high, but metal looks nice so far and the model aswell
  • DWalker
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Was the moire pattern on the watch face intentional? It's rather distracting.
  • armodka
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey guys, thanks for the comments.

Shrike - Thanks for that info. I did end up putting some AA features. I found a FXAA script, and I'm using that. I brightened the front of the watch, and removed most of the gloss from the bottom cap.

Dwalker - The moire pattern is not intentional. The normal map just has a bunch of circles but when the camera is far away, it give it the pattern. I might need to remove every other circle so it reads better.

Here is an update. I removed the skybox for this image:
    bUmnGSj.jpg