Home Contests & Challenges Archives

GOLF - Atoll Attack

An open course, across two tiny islets with rocks as bumpers and a cannon ramp at the end to launch your (cannon)ball and sink the ship.

layout.jpg

Did a quick block out, and I'm thinking it might be kinda small, or not actually super playable, so I'm gonna test it out in the engine :)

wip_blockout.PNG

Replies

• anglorum
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    anglorum polycounter lvl 6
    Neato, the composition of your block-out looks nice. I'm curious to see how it plays, since you said you think it might be kind of small. If those paths were about 4 feet wide in real world scale, I'd think it'd be completely okay. Either way, good luck moving forward, I can't wait to see some textures.
  • CuddlyColin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks anglorum! Yeah, I put it in the game and just scaling it up a little bigger than I had initially thought it should be made it feel better, just gotta work in some little tricks to make the course more manageable and not absurdly difficult. I rolled into the water...a LOT...
  • CuddlyColin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mini update!
    wip_blockout2.PNG

Think that's about as far as I'm going to take the fort complex without doing some uvs and finding out what space I have for little knick knacks/windows/vines and stuff.

Todo:
    Make better, more varied rocks.
    Add a few palm trees.
    Make a whole damn pirate ship :D