Home Technical Talk

Questions about 3ds max and Loops/Cuts

polycounter lvl 8
Offline / Send Message
Rowinish polycounter lvl 8
Hello,

So I've been a long time Blender user for a while and am just now teaching myself Max. So I'm working on a model and I can't find a tool that is like Blender's Loop Cut (ctrl+r).
So I just want to be able to add an edge in Max to a floating quad ribbon so I can bridge two edges without any tris.

I know I can use the cut and slice tools but those edges end up crooked and take way to much time to straighten out.

Illustration of what I want to do in Max:
E12ETPQ.jpg

Thanks,

Replies

• Rowinish
    Offline / Send Message
    I may be blind but I have no idea where it is.

EDIT: OH MY GOD! BRILLIANT! THANK YOU SO MUCH!
  • WarrenM
    In your Edit Poly modifier, look down in the "Edit Edges" section (be in Edge mode first). There's a button called "Connect". Click the little box beside that option to get the options to pop up.

Edit: You can also right click your selected edges and "Connect" will be in the lower left quad menu.
  • Rowinish
    Offline / Send Message
    WarrenM wrote: »
    In your Edit Poly modifier, look down in the "Edit Edges" section (be in Edge mode first). There's a button called "Connect". Click the little box beside that option to get the options to pop up.

Edit: You can also right click your selected edges and "Connect" will be in the lower left quad menu.

Yeah just realized I was in poly selection. Thanks so much!