Home Contests & Challenges Archives

GOLF - GnomeGarden

polycounter lvl 10
Offline / Send Message
mr gelmir polycounter lvl 10
Just creating my thread. I'm pretty thrilled to participate as this is my first polycount contest.

So, my concept is that the golf course would be some kind of (floating) garden with garden utensils and gnomes. I know, pretty rough, but I'm starting on concepting and installing the engine now.

good luck to all participants!

Replies

• LANKUS MAXIMUS
    Awesome idea dude. All the best of luck! :)
  • mr gelmir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    mr gelmir polycounter lvl 10
    So I've been messing around a bit sketching out some ideas. I want to go for some gnome village/garden. Kind of shire-ish. I also had the idea of having a fixed camera angle for small diorama-ish scenes. For that to work, my layout should be simple with quasi fixed points where the player's ball would stop.
    Here's an initial sketch, from which I've deviated quite a bit now.
    elements_zps95432d90.jpg

And here's an overpaint of my blouckout scene. The player will start top-left and sweep round the right side of the scene, ending with the put in the middle of the pond. The challenge would be aligning your second-to-last strike with the path leading to the hole.
    paintover_zpsbdd7b9e5.jpg

Now for the dioramas. The second one (bottom right) will be a gnomeo and juliet reference, with a balcony scene. the last one will be a fishing gnome. This is all pretty vague, but I'll refine this as I go.

Now I'm thinking of what to do with the foreground elements. I could place some bushes there, or flowers...

All suggestions are welcome!