Home Contests & Challenges Archives

GOLF - High Noon

Fist contest entry! Thinking of making a wild west inspired hole. A frontier town, canyons, and a train come to mind.

Most recent update:
HighNoon-Newest.png

Replies

• qtbon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Before I got too far into anything I wanted to make sure I got the Blender to engine pipeline at least basically working. I eventually got it working using the FBXImporter downloaded from the Project Anarchy site.

Everything went very smooth until I struggled for some time trying to get the lightmapping to work in engine. I found when I would switch the shading model to "UV1" it was either red (which looked like the uv was missing) or black (when I tried adding my own lightmap uv layer before import).

I eventually got it to work by setting the "Lightmap UV Set" option to "AUTO" in the Vision Export Options of the Process Vision Data step of the static mesh Havok Content Tools configuration.

Now it's time to start boxing out a more final design!

201401211148-ScreenShot.png
  • Tobbo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tobbo polycounter lvl 11
    I'm looking forward to what you will do with this. I'm also glad you got the pipeline working with Blender. Thanks for sharing.

Best of luck!
  • Mangled Poly
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mangled Poly polycounter lvl 18
    qt,
    Glad you got it working. Even though the second video series is in max some of those options are covered.

Cant wait to see what comes of this!
  • qtbon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks to you both!

And thanks Mangled Poly for the clarification. I admittedly made the mistake of skipping that video in the set (thinking it would only help for max users) but read about the "AUTO" option a few places online, just took me some time to find how to get to that options panel in the FBX tool flow.
  • qtbon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Quick sketch of my design idea.

201401211554-Sketch.JPG
  • qtbon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Started rouging the basics yesterday.

First part
    201401230817-HighNoon-First.png

Second part
    201401230817-HighNoon-Second.png

Wide shot
    201401230817-HighNoon-Whole.png
  • qtbon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Haven't had as much time to focus on this project as I'd like. Started blocking in the train tracks in the mountain.

201401310832-HighNoon-Whole.png