Home Contests & Challenges Archives

GOLF - Be Zen

I am thinking about doing an Asian theme mini-golf. Maybe build a Buddha Temple or Zen garden. Something you see in a Hayao Miyazaki's film.

Replies

• LANKUS MAXIMUS
    I've been planning a Zen garden entry too. When I saw this I was like :O

I look forward to seeing your entry and how our design's will differ.

All the best!
  • BuddhaFox
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    It is not a clear concept but more a layout of my idea.
    This image show how it start. You hit the ball, and the ball roll along a dragon's back and launch out from the dragon mouth.

Under the dragon ramp is the overall top layout.
    This shows:
    - where the golf ball start
    - the ball roll on the dragon's back
    - the ball launch from dragon's mouth
    - the dragon's head moves to the three stages and can shoot the golf ball up to the sky for the 4th stage.

What under that is the end goal, where the golf ball meet the hole. It is a bell shrine. If ball hits the bell before going in, you gain extra points. If not just normal points.

Is this too much?
  • BuddhaFox
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Here the four stage and where the dragon's head will move to.

The top image is the water inspire stage. A simply stage, hit the ball and try not to fall in between the gaps or falling into the water pit.

The second image is the fire inspire stage. Having the ball go back and forth from the start to end of the stage. Without the ball falling out of the stage.

The third one is the earth inspire stage. The stage will be similar to the image next to it. Avoid try to hit the rocks or it will end up in the rocks banks.

The final one, is when the dragon's head launch the ball into the sky to the stage above. This is the cloud, try go through the bumpiness and avoid going into the black pit. That mean the ball will fall from the cloud.

Yeah here are my stages. Is this too much? If so which stage should I focus on?
  • LANKUS MAXIMUS
    Sounds like a cool idea.

Not gonna lie though, Your final obstacle sounds nearly exactly the same as my end gong idea...

Edit - I see you have removed your bell hit idea. All the best. The Fire layout looks cool and challenging.
  • BuddhaFox
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Oooh, sorry didn't mean to copy your idea. I can change it and do something else for the end goal.

I might change it to a louts flower. Try get the ball into the louts flower. That sound cool.

Ok, I fix the images so you can look at it more clearly.
  • LANKUS MAXIMUS
    No worries dude!

All seems to work now. Why not do it so that the end hole is sitting in the lap of a Buddha statue. Means you could create some beautiful shrine around the end area. It'd be pretty cool playing along the course with a nice focal point at the end as you play towards Buddha...

You could have lotus petals floating around the shrine, emphasising that sense of 'enlightenment' as you complete the course!

Just an idea :)
  • anglorum
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    anglorum polycounter lvl 6
    Earth, water, and fire! Haha, this is great. I love the actual design work that is going into this hole.

It's exciting to see so many Asian culture themed holes in this contest. Everyone seems to be taking a different approach to the styles and aesthetics. Looks great though so far, can't wait to see the block out!