Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Abbandoned Marble Quarry

polycounter lvl 11
Offline / Send Message
PacoCasares polycounter lvl 11
I started a thread a long time ago with the intention of doing an abandoned marble environment.

I decided to come back to the idea after I did some self teaching.

Id like to put up the progress I have done so far.

I am starting a new one, because I am not going to do it in UDK anymore (is there a way to delete it?) Most likely id like to showcase this in Unity

I know that I should perhaps go with a repeated texture technique. (or a modular repeating wall) But I wanted to go with a unique feeling where all pieces are connected with the environment. I have figured out how I am going to texture by grabbing a piece of the Mesh Environment. The Game Environment is a Mesh that will be textured with Normals, Speculars and Diffusion with 6 x 2048 Texture maps.

I am planning to have this shortly done soon as Id like to begin something fresh and exciting. And I usually never finish anything. I am really over that too, and I really need a fresh portfolio to show my skills.

The Environment is sculpted and retopologiced. I might need to edit the sculpt to add more cracks or moss/leaves details. But its easier to add that with the texture. I am using dDo for the texturing as a base, and then detail in Photoshop.

After this, is rocks, trees, bushes and human abandoned props as machines, huts, signs, tools, barrels, wheels. Id like to have fun while still making a great job out of this with a wow/hire-me effect. I have added a reference shot of what is my aim.

Constructive Crit is welcomed.

Qwwocpm.jpg?1
6hQAZO8.jpg?1
8n9Er8P.jpg?1
sGEsQvB.jpg?1
SVgFW7V.jpg?1
NIquO5V.jpg