Home Unreal Engine

How to properly export heightmap from UDK Landscape for use in World Machine...

Hello everyone, I am currently working on an environment in UDK that is heavily reliant on the quality of my landscape. I am new to World Machine, and when I plug either the .raw or .r16 heightmaps that I exported from my landscape into World Machine, it displays as very flat. I am doing something wrong, I need to resolve this before I am able to further explore what I can do in World Machine. I did scale down my initial landscape plane when first created to give it denser topology for smooth sculpting deformation* I hope that has nothing to do with it. Any help will be greatly appreciated, as this is all a very new process to me.

Thanks

Replies

• chriszuko
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    chriszuko polycounter lvl 12
    The only thing I can think of.. is to make sure that your image file is the same as the length and width of your landscape in verts. Usually its 1 less than normal image sizes.. for example 255x255. You can check to see how big your landscape is under the "landscape info" section in the landscape tool. It will say "Total Size". Hope that helps.. I haven't used world machine so I am kinda just shooting in the dark here.
  • Cibo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Cibo polycounter lvl 10
    Maybe select the landscape and change by "Display" the Z-Modifier. With luck your raw file has more deep information.