Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Dragon Statue / hitting 2 birds with one Stone

polycounter lvl 5
Offline / Send Message
nksilver5 polycounter lvl 5
Hello people :)

Wanted to have a little fun and start concepting in zbrush more often.

Character is really not my favorite topic, but I wanted to get out of the comfort zone, so it will be a chara / env piece like a bust :)

It's very rough for now, I did some blockouts, and spent like 5min on colors to get an idea of it.
So it will be a rock / stone render with glow :) everyone loves glow no ?
Might do some armor pieces too, could be a good exercice.

I will go for a Blizz-like style I think, I'm getting tired of realism acutally ^^'

Maybe make a custom base with some crystals / foliage to make it a little bit more dynamic.

I would like to thanks the persons who made the horns available on badking, helps me have a blockout of it, so I can mess around to find something interesting in the shape of the bust before making my own.

C/C welcome, especially on anatomy ! Its still a WIP :)

render_00.jpg
render_01.jpg
render_02.jpg
render_03.jpg

Replies

• Bartalon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Bartalon polycounter lvl 12
    Looks good. I think the designs of the red and orange paint-over match what you already have sculpted into the head.
  • nksilver5
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    nksilver5 polycounter lvl 5
    Hey thanks Bartalon :)

I was going to pick that one too, but maybe going for a blue-ish stone in the end, I'm not sure, will have to test it out :)

Did a little bit more today, nothing fancy, still concepting and learning new stuff, especially about curves and the magic Backface Masking brush modifier. It has changed my life since this morning.

Here are some shots :)

Will add some more big shape armored plate shoulder, like I do have on my Deathknight haha, been playing wow a bit lately and I really like the big blocky silhouette it has :)

render_04.jpg
    render_05.jpg