Home Collaboration & Unpaid Work

Looking for generous 2D Concept Artists and 3D Artists/Animators

I'm a new university graduate who's working on a UDK game project with a friend. I have decent experience with programming through university but only hobby experience with 3D modelling. I figured, if I put enough time into 3D modelling I'd get a satisfactory result, but as it turns out, I'm really not to good at it. So, now I'm looking for talented, generous, artists to help with the project.
More detail about the game is given below, for those of you who are interested.

What I'm looking for right now:

Concept Artists - I have great ideas and aspirations, but I have a hard time putting them down on paper. So I'm looking for some talented artists to help my eyes see what my brain is seeing. Characters, Environments, the lot. On a side note, if there are any generous architects out there who want to help us with the mansion design, that would be cool too.

3D Prop Modelers - Yes, sadly the ability to create even the simplest of models seems to escape me. I'm looking for modelers to fill a mansion with furniture and fittings. Also some environment models too. Rocks and stuff. I was able to make a pretty sweet wooden block model...

3D Character Modelers/Animators - This one is far beyond me. We have a handful of human characters (we tried to keep this number as small as possible) and a number of creepy critters that we want to include in our game. A talented artist who can bring the characters we have envisioned to life would have our respect forever. The game uses a 3rd person camera view, so the models don't need to be too highly detailed, but we'd still like them to look good.

So what kind of person would help out a project like this for free? I don't know. Maybe they're looking to make some stuff to throw into a portfolio. Maybe they just really love doing this kind of work. Maybe they're just really generous. Whatever the case, if they can help bring my dream of making a sweet game to fruition, I'd be eternally grateful.

Well, if you've gotten this far down I guess you haven't been scared away yet, or have just skipped that bit to read about the game.

About the game:
Our game is a strongly story based, horror (hopefully) with strong puzzle solving elements and mystery. It tells the story about an orphan girl, having just turned 18 and booted from the orphanage, searching for information about her late parents in a grand mansion they owned. What she finds there is a startling tale of wealth, mental illness, adultery and murder. While exploring the mansion, eerie things start happening and the longer the protagonist is there, the more they start to escalate as ghosts from her own dark past come back to haunt her.

If you're interested, drop a line down below, I'll provide some contact details then.

Replies