Home Dota 2

peble's concepts thread

im new here
i hope this is the right way to do this :v

a thread to post concepts

im not much of an artist so they're a bit messy

if you'd like to collaborate let me know!

Pugna Beetle Set Concept
90469fbef3.jpg

not really set on the belt design so its more of a placeholder for now i guess

Replies

• peble
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    this was dumb i deleted it
  • peble
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    i have a hard time showin EXACTLY what it is im imagining and my lines dont show a lot of confidence so things tend to be pretty messy.

42122a4f2d.jpg

a larger pic of what i'd wish the ward to be like
  • pear
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pear polycounter lvl 8
    oh man that beetle concept is baller
  • peble
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    i know timbersaw isn't workshop ready yet but i wanted 2 get this out in the open i guess. just some sort of tree scrap camouflage? possibly with hanging fluffy bits like on treant protector. the mask would be sitting on his head like a hat, not pulled over his face, i think.

130a907f6b.jpg

how to perspective?? ?~?

5f2c330869.png

i'd be surprised if nobody else was planning this i guess but a shivas guard for timby ? ? ?
    a8afe7d436.png
  • peble
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    new idea for horns for pugna set :v
    i'm not really sure how well leveling items work but the idea is that it would level up alongside life drain

c34c313def.jpg
    52222a15f6.jpg
    969ba99c69.jpg
  • danjohncox
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    danjohncox polycounter lvl 7
    really neat idea with the bugna! I'm wondering if those elements would do better "suggesting" bug rather than look exactly like bugs. as in, the last horn you did (nice design and idea btw) should still have some of pugna's style of horn (similar to a goat) in surface but have SOME bug elements. Think of it more like his design is inspired by bugs rather than taking parts of bugs and placing them on. Really unique idea though! Are you gonna spend any more time with that weapon of his too? IT's hard to read what its supposed to look like.
    Also, not sure if nyx is the only one where this could work but some iridecnce in that cape would be awesome. Mostly black-ish set where only the highlights are shimmering purple.
  • peble
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    timbersaw finally decompiled :v i redid the scribble i had before so now its a more detailed scribble

a89048f397.jpg

1ee4614c42.jpg

7ea8fa9d78.jpg

14e46f64b4.jpg

pretty weak idea but i had fun doin it. i was thinking rotting wood and "disguise"

the hat is supposed to be something like both a rafflesia flower and an ushanka.
  • peble
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    helmet idea for undying

thought i'd see how it looks in purple but green the other obvious choice. imagine it with two horns!! i had trouble drawing another one that looked right to me.

ff67e447ae.jpg
  • peble
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    actually decided to go through and make a few more items to match the helmet! i decided on an asymmetrical helmet with a broken horn...

not too sure about the arm thing, maybe something more fitting will come along eventually.

5ed2c5165d.jpg

and a tombstone

93e5237d53.jpg

its meant to be like a rams horn, with a corkscrew shape. in the center is either a small pool or a pit.
  • peble
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    clockwerk weapon ive been thinkin about lately

997c8b3e48.png

apology gift from tinker after an incident involving a laser and clockwerks favorite greevil. mostly just used for opening crates and shellfish at violet plateau
  • peble
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    im very tired so im not sure how much of this is worded correctly

d0e0acb813.jpg

undying ult form

im not sure how much room there is to work with for his ult but this is what keeps comin to me

i wanted it to look a little top heavy and have stout lil goat legs with overgrown hooves.

i dont know how to draw the weird bendy legs or hooves though...

8b8825ac48.jpg

I'm going to try and touch up the design for the rest of the set i have planned and come back to this later when im not as easily frustrated (drawing is hard and i am very impatient)

does anybody have suggestions or comments as far as the idea? anything is appreciated. im not sure what to do with dirge's arms