Home Unreal Engine

Need help with composite shadows

I need some help with this, this is a map level for Chivalry using UDK, I have been having problems with shadows appearing and disappearing and I am starting to pin it down. It seems that it is regarding composite shadows from light environments.

shadow1.png?psid=1

This is what i have in the editor
1: Static light (Channels Static, BSP, Composite) with modulate shadow and blue colour for modulate shadows - cast blue shadow on wall (yes it is blue) and 2- shadow behind wall
1 - blue shadow from modulated shadow setting as the charecter light environment
2 - a bleed through shadow for same reasons as 1

3 blue shadow cast from static light (Channels Static, BSP, Composite) with normal shadow and blue colour for modulate shadows - cast blue shadow on floor (yes it is blue) - converts the static lights available to a modulated shadow - right????

4 black shadows from a dominant directional light (bsp. static, dynamic and composite channels set - shadow normal). It has a second shadow from straight down - any ideas where this comes from - no sky light BTW, and its not the dom dir lights modulated shadow as thats set to orange....

5 (looking at the crate no the character shadow) non chatterer skeletal mesh casting blue shadow - cant really see it here as too far away - but getting the camera closer it shows up

NJow below is what i get when i cook and play the map from a server which is the same as just doing a play from here from the editor actually.

shadow2.png?psid=1

1. shadows gone
2. shadows gone
3. shadows gone
4. top down shadow gone
5. crate shadow gone

So what happens when a walk a character around in this environment - spawning near (4) it starts with a black shadow which accurately follows character, walk to light source 1, pause and walking back to 4 the shadow is gone completely. there are also no shadows cast by any of the other lights from the character, so standing next to light source 1 casts no shadow at all.

Please what is happening!??!?!?!?!

I would really like my characters to have shadows as they move from area to area etc.

thanks for any help

Replies