Home Technical Talk

Have i a wrong LowPoly Workflow?

Replies

• passerby
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    passerby polycounter lvl 12
    ya if you take the dirty and abused look, dust builds up in crevices, and the metal corrodes where peoples hands commonly are, since our hands are salty and oily they really are pure poison for metal over a long time.

Also you mention it is the weapon of a special force operative, well in that case, the weapon would never get that dirty. No professional would ever let the weapon, that could decide his fate, to ever get that dirty. It would be wiped down, checked and cleaned whenever he has time.

i have to agree with fonfa material definition first, make all your materials read like the real thing, in their pristine form. Than you can work on damage, and dust, while keeping in mind, how things like dust, scratches, grease, etc effect the gloss and spec maps, since they are what is needed to make metal read well.
  • Gazu
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Gazu polycounter lvl 12
    Nice AK by the way ^^

Actually Dust can be everywhere on the weapon.
    Here a Sandstorm in Afghanistan:
    01-afghanistan-artikel-410.jpg
    But you´re right, there would be more dust in the crevices because it´s harder to clean and the hands don´t touches them. Specially on the Metal parts which have to be oily.

I just tought about my experience as i was a solider. My weapon was dusty too when we was sitting on the load area of a truck and drove trough the dusty terrain ... ^^

I know that special forces can be out some days and not go back in the camp.
    And i think that afghanistan is very crazy about the weather there.

Soo... ;):D:D:D:D